365 Days Progress


Day 334 - 91.5% completed!

Bonus - Bead Embroidered Cuff

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Bead Embroidered Cuff
Woo hoo!  I finally finished my Bead Embroidered Cuff that I started many weeks ago.  Jo taught a Bead Embroidery class at Bead Soup in Savage, MD a few months ago.  I took it because I had seen samples of Jo's beaded cuff bracelets at the store.  They were incredible!

Naturally I wanted to learn how to do it right away.  It's not a hard process, just tedious.  I wasn't really sure what I was doing design-wise.  Jo had us all choose four focal beads which would be the start of our project. 

Once we had them sewn on to the fabric in a random fashion, we started to add the other beads.  It was pretty much anything goes!  The beads are attached using the backstitch method and pretty much you can use any size beads you want.

Bead Embroidered Cuff
I tried to stay in the jewel tones color palette, but sometimes I branched out just for fun.  It was rather meditative to do all that beading.  And I can't want to do it again!  This time I will plan things out a little more, but for a first try I really like it! 

Thanks Jo!

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous work on the cuff Mandy! I really love the idea of your blog and learning something new everyday :) Bead on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mandi! I am honored that you checked my blog out, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous doesn't cover it! Wow, I love this cuff!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for supporting my project! Please make sure to leave your email address, so I can get back to you! Namaste my friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...