365 Days Progress


Day 334 - 91.5% completed!

Day 26 - Russian Spiral

Sunday, February 7, 2011

Russian Spiral
It's Superbowl Sunday!  So what.  LOL.  My team's not in it so I could really care less.  I'll just bead my way through it and I'll be fine!  Today I am working on the Russian Spiral stitch.  It makes a beautiful round, tubular, lacy like rope.  It's a stitch which, if you use different types of beads, but use the same sequence, produce unlimited possibilities and textures.

It's really easy to do, starting with three sets of three beads for a total of nine around.  Getting started is a little tricky since you start flat, then around the third row you pull the sides up into your tube.  After that it is simple.

The only problem I'm having is that I don't really know how to end it in an attractive fashion, since I don't want to use a cone on the end to cover up the end and attach the clasp.  It's to bulky looking.  I'm trying to parlay this rope into a necklace for Julia for Valentine's Day, and that would be just to much for her, especially with pink beads.  I'll have to figure something out.  :-)

Russian Spiral, conquered!

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried using a bead cap on the ends instead of a cone? It would look less bulky depending on what size cap you use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually this one doesn't have anything yet. I tried cones on the russian spiral lariat I did, but wasn't keen on the look. I will definitely try the bead caps next. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for supporting my project! Please make sure to leave your email address, so I can get back to you! Namaste my friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...