365 Days Progress


Day 334 - 91.5% completed!

Day 260 - Garland Rope

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

OH - EM - GEE!  This may be the cutest spiral rope of all time.  I mean, is this cute or WHAT?  LOL.  The Garland Rope designed by Stacey Gibson of Unbridled Design is a modified spiral combining the best of the spiral and daisy chain worlds.

Garland Rope

I think this design is soooo clever!  I have always liked the daisy chain stitch, but the ropes it produces are just to thin and lightweight for me.  This design lets you have the daisy look in a more sophisticated way, including a slightly heftier weight.  Even with my very limited knowledge of color, I know for this piece, color is key to the image you want to project.  Daisies in primary or pastel colors would be ideal for a little girl or if you are going for a more playful look.  More muted monochrome colors will give you a more grown-up version (see, very limited, lol).  And what if you threw in some metallics and tiny crystals???  I think experimenting with this one would be great fun!

Don't let all those little daisies fool you, once you get the hang of it this garland rope goes really fast!  I will definitely be making this rope in the future.  You can find the tutorial for the rope at Stacey's ETSY store, Unbridled Design.  While you are there, check out Stacey's beaded Black Widow Spider!  I really thought it was the real thing!!!

Garland Rope, conquered!

11 comments:

  1. The daisy chain, all grown up. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is fabulous!!! the rope makes the daisy chain stand out and demand atention, in a sweet way :-) this is a great, go-to piece. the spider is sooooo cool & really DOES look real!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool. I can see this for Christmas in a dark blue and silver.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this rope and I checked out Stacey's shop for the tutorial. Thank you for sharing this rope techneque Mandy, I am really enjoying your 365 days of beading projects.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you like it! I can't wait to see what everyone makes with it! Happy beading! Stacey G

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's really cute and clever. I think we are all fond of the innocent little daisy chain (ever since making them as children with real daisies). However the standard chains were very casual and girlish. This definitely makes them suitable for the more sophisticated lady and yet still has a dash of the girlish charm that we all admire

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, Mandy. Shh, don't tell anybody, I like yours better. ;-) Oops I think I told everybody. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this and am going to go look at the original. I suspect Allie's right!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too like how the flat daisy chain is all grown up here! It's nice to see the daisy have more "substance" to it... ya know? Curious, how different is this daisy spiral from the one you mentioned on March 4th?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! I'm from Romania and I made this rope only looking at it! The idea was great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for supporting my project! Please make sure to leave your email address, so I can get back to you! Namaste my friends!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...